Knowledgeable Perry Attorneys Guide Clients Through Probate
Dedicated Georgia lawyers help to distribute property efficiently
Whether your estate is large or small, sound legal advice is necessary to minimize the stress and expense associated with probate matters. At Daniel Lawson Tuggle & Jerles LLC in Perry, we assist Georgians with all types of probate and estate planning issues. Whether you’re looking to protect your family’s future or have been appointed as a personal representative for a decedent’s estate, our experienced attorneys can protect your interests while simplifying the process. As members of the local community since 1959, our lawyers understand the benefits of long-term planning, and we take pride in helping Central Georgia residents leave a legacy for their loved ones.
Experienced firm handles crucial tasks during the probate process
With more than 70 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys have the legal and practical knowledge necessary to handle each aspect of probate, trust and estate administration, including:
- Finding the right process — Certain items, such as jointly owned assets and property placed into a trust, can be transferred outside of the probate process. And if no will exists and the relevant parties can agree on the distribution of the estate, probate might be waived under Georgia law.
- Gathering assets — If you are serving as the estate’s personal representative (sometimes known as an executor or administrator), we can help identify assets that might be difficult to locate and bring them into the estate.
- Managing key tasks — Our firm can handle the required notifications to beneficiaries, tax payments and other expenses, and the final dispersal of property as outlined in the will.
- Handling will and trust contests — When a dispute arises over the terms of a will or trust, we advocate on behalf of personal representatives and potential beneficiaries for an outcome that accurately fulfills the testator’s intentions.
Throughout Macon, Dooly, Peach and Pulaski counties, we can help you understand the key issues and guide you to a resolution that spares unnecessary time and expense.
Professional advisers provide complete estate planning support
Effective estate planning gives you control over how your assets will be distributed upon your death and safeguards your family against intestacy laws and costly disputes. Our firm helps Georgians prepare legal instruments such as:
- Wills — Working closely with you, our lawyers will draft an authoritative will that meets all legal requirements and clearly sets forth how you want your assets to be allocated.
- Trusts — We prepare personalized documents for clients who seek to avoid probate or gain tax advantages by shifting property into a trust.
- Guardianship instructions — If you have minor children or are legally responsible for a disabled adult, our firm creates detailed instructions regarding their care in case they are orphaned.
- Powers of attorney — An unexpected illness or injury can create a terrible burden for your loved ones if you have not made arrangements for your medical care or financial decisions. By executing a power of attorney and a medical directive, you can appoint someone to handle these crucial matters in the event you become incapacitated.
We understand that each person has unique priorities, which is why we take the time to craft a comprehensive and customized plan that enforces your wishes and reflects your values.
Contact an accomplished Georgia probate attorney to schedule a meeting
Daniel Lawson Tuggle & Jerles LLC advises Georgians on a full range of probate and estate planning matters. Please call 478-997-8421 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our office in Perry.